How to Brand Your Mobile App Successfully?
Successful companies know that in order for their own mobile applications to achieve the same level of success, they also have to start promoting it as well.
You have to understand that creating a mobile application- whether it is a native application or one that has cross-platform support- is possible to not benefit your company, at least, in the marketing sense.
Although that may be the case, there are several ways you can create a compelling application that your customers would love:
- Mobile Web Apps- This kind of app gives your users a much better browsing experience than a standard website. Google Maps is one of the best examples of this.
- Apps with Unique Features- Shazam and Foursquare are applications that have become successful thanks to the unique features that it introduced to the world.
- ‘Traditional’ Apps- Are mobile applications that deliver features that might have been present in already existing apps; only that it provides a much better service.
You also have to remember that any company that puts the customers first are bound to be successful- this, including their app offerings as well.
Here are some tips that will help you achieve success when it comes to mobile app branding:
- Customer is King
You have to remember that you create your mobile applications not only to gain money from it, but also serve your customers as well. When creating your mobile application, your customers should be the first thing that comes into mind.
For you to better understand this, just ask yourself the question: “how can I best provide service to my customers?”
- What Are Your Users’ Motives?
You need to come up with a marketing strategy to help you promote your application. One way to do that is to analyze your users’ motives. How do your customers make use of your app? What features do they want to use often? Examine your consumers’ behavior patterns so that you can come up with a suitable strategy or plan of action.
- Examine the Actual Operating Environment
Each mobile operating system has some aces up its digital sleeves. Examining the operating environment to its core will allow you to implement more features (some are platform-exclusive) that will give more benefit to your users as a whole.
- Consistent and Stringent Testing Required
Nobody wants to use an application that often crashes on them. They not only want to have an app with amazing features but they also want one that is pretty stable for consistent use.
That is why make it a point that your mobile application is rock-solid and stable for everyday use. Run it through alpha/beta testing phases to ensure that your mobile app developers and some people can actually test it- providing you with real-world testing scenarios.
- Utilize All Forms of Media
Once your application is uploaded to the different app stores, it is now time to market your application. There are certainly a lot of marketing funnels you can utilize. There is your website, your social media accounts, and even emails and newsletters as well.